Frequently Asked Questions
- a) How long has Ecorite been in business?
Ecorite was founded in 1991 and has been a leader in environmentally friendly promotional bags ever since. The parent company, Canada Sportswear Corp was founded in 1954 and combined with Ecorite, we offer the industry a wealth of experience and expertise.
- b) Where are we located?
Ecorite head office is 230 Barmac Drive, Toronto ON M9L2Z3. For all of our U.S. customers, we honor shipping rates from Buffalo, NY for all billed freight even though the shipment goes from Toronto.
- c) Where are Ecorite’s products made?
Ecorite natural fabric goods come from mainly from India and non-woven items from China. We also offer local cut & sew capability for custom Made in Canada goods.
- d) What does Ecorite do to ensure its manufacturers are socially responsible?
Ecorite requires all vendor partners to sign a compliance code of conduct and reviews are conducted to ensure that all aspects are met without issue.
- e) What is your sample policy?
Ecorite provides no charge samples (up to $10 value) when distributors provide a courier account. If no courier account is provided, samples are billed at EQP NET less 20% plus cost of freight.
- f) Does Ecorite do custom manufacturing?
Ecorite is a very experienced sourcing company with custom capabilities for off-shore production. Ecorite is also one of very few companies offering domestic cut & sew services for custom Made in Canada goods. Minimum quantities and lead times vary by style and fabric, so contact us today and find out how Ecorite custom can work for you.
- g) What decoration is offered in house?
Ecorite offers in house screen printing, heat transfer, patch and embroidery decoration. Visit the decoration pagefor full pricing details.
- h) What are the setup charges?
Screen charges are $50(g) per color. Heat transfer setup is $150(g) per design. Embroidery digitizing cost depends on the size of the logo in question – details can be found on the decoration page.
i) What is your production turnaround?
Standard local production times are as follows:
Screen Print –10 business days after art approval
• Embroidery – 12 business days after art approval
• TruTransfer – 15 business days after art approval
• Blanks – ship within 1 business day after PO and payment
Off-Shore timelines vary based on fabric and shipping method
• Ocean – approximately 12 weeks after approval
• Air – 6-7 weeks after approval (30 day AIR-EXPRESS available on some styles)
• Ocean – 12-14 weeks after approval
• Air – 6-7 weeks after approval
Cotton (11oz & heavier)
• Ocean – 14-16 weeks after approval
• Air – 7-8 weeks after approval
• Ocean – approximately 14 weeks after approval
• Air – 6-7 weeks after approval
- j) What rush service is available?
48 hour rush production is available on request. An additional rush charge of $37.50 (g) will apply.
- k) Are all of your products eco-friendly?
About 75% of Ecorite’s stock collection is recycled, organic or biodegradable, and that percentage continues to grow higher. We have a diverse collection of natural fabrics and styles and offer eco friendly alternatives that can accommodate any program.
- l) Is Ecorite’s organic cotton certified?
Yes – Ecorite only uses organic cotton certified by GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard). Testing and certification is regularly updated to ensure all inventory is in line with this standard and only the highest quality organic cotton is being used.
- m) What type of fabric testing is done on Ecorite products?
Ecorite regularly conducts fabric testing with our factories. 3rd party testing is routinely conducted to identify heavy metals and VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds) and ensure that all fabric meets compliance standard in Canada and the USA.
- n) Are Ecorite products compliant with Proposition 65?
Yes – all Ecorite styles conform to the regulations outlined in Proposition 65.